This article is used to cover steps on adding an additional mount to an existing vFile and outlining post provision/migration ownership rules.
Adding an Additional Mount
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Select the vFile you want to edit.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Disable.
- In the Configuration tab select the Source sub-tab, a Pencil icon will appear on the right of the Additional Mount Points.
- Click on the Pencil to edit the mount points.
- In the Additional Mount Points window select the Plus icon to add additional mount points.
- Click the checkmark to save.
- From the Actions menu (...) Enable the vFile.
Post Provision/Migration Ownership Rules
When a new vFile VDB is provisioned, the ownership is changed to match the Environment User anytime a VDB is enabled. This could cause conflict in the ownership of existing files in a case where the VDB has just been migrated to a new host – the VDB files on the new host will now be owned by the new Environment User.