Delphix Self-Service grants access to the data that users need, whenever they need it. Once users have been assigned a data container, they can control the data available within it. This means they can refresh to the latest production data, roll back to a previous point in the data container's timeline, and share data with another user without requiring any involvement from Information Technology or database administrators (DBAs). Delphix Self-service data management allows developers to be more productive while using fewer resources, dramatically improving operational efficiency.
User Roles and Permissions
Self-Service has two types of users:
Admin users have full access to all report data and can configure Delphix Self-Service. Additionally, they can use the Delphix Engine to add/delete reports, add/delete users, change tunable settings, add/delete tags, and create and assign data templates and containers.
Data users have access to production data provided in a data container. The data container provides these users with a playground in which to work with data using the self-service toolbar.
- Access Delphix Self-Service by opening a web browser using the IP address or DNS qualified hostname.
- Login with the User ID and Password the Delphix Administrator has provided for you.
Changing Your Default Locale
As a user, you can change your default locale by doing the following:
- Click the user login icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Locale drop-down menu.
- Select the desired locale.
User Profile window