This topic describes how to migrate a Virtual Database (VDB) from one target environment to another.
There may be situations in which you want to migrate a virtual database to a new target environment, for example when upgrading the host on which the VDB resides, or as part of a general data center migration. This is easily accomplished by first disabling the database, then using the Migrate VDB feature to select a new target environment.
- You should have already set up a new target environment that is compatible with the VDB that you want to migrate.
- You cannot migrate a single instance of Oracle VDB to a RAC environment and vice versa. An additional reconfiguration is needed when converting a single instance to RAC that is only performed during a VDB provision. Instead, you should provision a new VDB.s
- Login to your Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage.
- Select Datasets.
- Select the VDB you want to migrate.
- From the Actions menu (...) select Disable.
Click Disable to confirm.
When the VDB is disabled, its icon will turn grey.
From the Actions menu (...) select Migrate.
Select the new target environment for the VDB, the user for that environment, and the database installation where the VDB will reside.
- Select Migrate to confirm your selections.
- From the Actions menu (...) select the Enable
- Click Enable to confirm.
Within a few minutes, your VDB will re-start in the new environment, and you can continue to work with it as you would any other VDB.