Before starting an uncontrolled failover, keep a note of the source and target engine's IP address and engine UUID. These details are available on the Delphix Server Setup Application
Uncontrolled Failover Procedure
- On the source engine, create a replication spec for the dSources and VDBs, by clicking Replicate Now to replicate these dSources/VDBs to the target engine.
- To simulate a crash of the source engine, Power off the source engine.
- On the target engine, click on Failover.
At this point, the target engine will become active and the replicated environments/dSources/VDBs will be seen in the default namespace of the target engine.
The following sections describe the procedures to handle an Uncontrolled Failover for each data platform:
- Oracle Environment and Data Sources
- SAP ASE Environment and Data Sources
- SQL Server Environment and Data Sources