Linking a data source will create a dSource object on the engine and allow Delphix to ingest data from this source. The dSource is an object that the Delphix Virtualization Engine uses to create and update virtual copies of your database. As a virtualized representation of your source data, it cannot be managed, manipulated, or examined by database tools.
Once a dSource has been linked, you can begin to perform dSource operations on it such as enable, detach, delete, and more.
This section covers the following topics:
- Linking Data Sources with Oracle
- Linking an Oracle Pluggable Database
- Data Management Settings for Oracle Data Sources
- Repository Templates for Oracle Databases
- Using the PurgeLogs Operation
- Advanced Linking