This topic covers the virtual machine requirements, including memory and data storage, for deploying the Delphix DataOps Platform, colloquially known as a Delphix Engine, on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
This section covers the following topics:
- Image Types
- Network Configuration
- Storage Configuration
- Additional OCI Configuration Notes
Once you understand the requirements listed on this page, you should view the next pages on OCI deployment:
Compute Image Types
Delphix distributes product images, for OCI, using the QCOW2 image type. Compute Images must be imported into OCI using the Paravirtualized launch mode; currently, images using the Emulated launch mode are not supported.
The following is a list of shapes that are supported to deploy Delphix on OCI.
Large Memory Instances (preferred)
|Virtual Cloud Network (VCN)|
|Static Private IP|
|Security Rules Configuration|
General Storage Configuration
Additional OCI Configuration Notes
- When running low on storage space, Delphix recommends adding additional equivalently sized block storage volumes, or devices, instead of resizing existing volumes.
- If you must expand existing storage volumes, then this must be done using the “online” resizing strategy specified in OCI documentation; “offline” storage resizing is not supported and may lead to unexpected downtime. If an existing storage volume is expanded, then use the Setup, or sysadmin, interface to expand each storage “device,” or volume. The additional storage, as a result of a resize, will not be available for use until the storage devices are explicitly instructed to make use of the additional space.
- If expanding storage volumes, it is recommended that all volumes are expanded to the same size. When storage volumes, or devices, are the same size the Delphix product is able to balance I/O distribution among the disks for optimal performance.
- Hot removal of storage volumes is not supported.