Taking a snapshot creates a new snapshot entry in the dSource’s Timeflow. The plugin-managed dSource allows you to select the parameters before taking the snapshot. These parameters are provided as an input to pre-snapshot and post snapshot functions. On the other hand, in the default snapshot, the parameters are pre-defined in the dSource environment.
This section lists the steps to take a snapshot and delete the same.
- Login to the Delphix Management application.
- Click Manage and select Datasets from the dropdown list.
- Select the dSource you want to Snapshot.
- Click the Camera icon. Alternatively, click the arrow next to the Camera icon and select Snapshot (default).
- From the Snapshot dialog, select Perform Snapshot.
- Click View: under Timeflow to verify the Snapshot you just created.
- To delete, select the snapshot you just created, and from the Actions menu (...) select Delete Snapshot.
- In the Delete Snapshot dialog, select Delete.
- Click View: under Timeflow to verify the Snapshot, you just deleted.