Deploying the Delphix Engine
- Navigate to the Azure Marketplace at https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com.
- In the Search field, enter Delphix.
- Select the Delphix Virtualization for Azure (3TB) for hourly subscription or Delphix DataOps Platform for Azure for customers with existing licenses.
- Review the information on the initial Marketplace page.
- Click GET IT NOW.
- Click Create.
- Follow the creation wizard to deploy the Delphix Engine.
- Provide the basic information for the Delphix Engine.
- Select a name for the virtual machine.
- For the OS disk type, select Premium SSD.
Enter a username and password.
This information is never used but is part of the built-in wizard used by the marketplace. Any information provided in these fields is discarded.
- Select your Subscription, Resource group, and Location.
- Click OK.
- Select the Size of the virtual machine you want to deploy. For supported instance types and capabilities, See Virtual Machine Requirements for Azure Platform.
Each instance type will determine the limits for:
- Network bandwidth
- Maximum data disk
- Total IOPS
- Click Select.
- Configure the Settings for this virtual machine:
- Use managed disks.
- Select or create a Virtual Network and Subnet.
- Optional: select a Public IP address (note this will make your engine accessible over the internet)
- Select or create a Network Security Group.
- Extensions and High Availability sets are not currently supported. Please ensure that no extensions or availability sets have been configured.
- Enable Boot diagnostics.
- Click OK.
- Review the configuration in the Summary screen and click OK.
- Review the offer details in the Buy screen and click Purchase to deploy the Delphix Engine.
Configuring the Delphix Engine Virtual Machine
- From the Azure Portal sidebar, select Virtual Machines. Your running virtual machines will be displayed.
- Click the virtual machine's name to open its detailed information.
- Click Disks to open the detailed panel.
- Click Add data disk.
- Create a new device:
- In the Create disk drop-down menu, select Create managed disk. This will open the managed disk wizard.
- In the wizard, ensure that the Account type indicates Premium (SSD) and that the Source Type shows None (empty disk).
- Select the size of the device you want to create. Note that the device size will determine the IOPS limit for that device.
- Click Create.
- Once the device is created, change the Host Caching parameter for that device to None.
- Repeat the above steps to create additional disks.
- Once you have completed adding all the disks, click Save.
- Optional: modify the virtual machine’s Network Security Group.
- From the side panel of the virtual machine’s detail screen, click Network interfaces.
- Click the name of the network interfaces you want to modify.
- From the Network interface details window, click the Network security group specified in the Overview pane. In the example below, you would click delphix-engine-nsg:
- From the Network security group details pane, modify the Inbound security rules and/or the Outbound security rules by selecting from the side panel and clicking Add.
- Add the appropriate rule and click OK. The screenshot below shows adding the inbound rule for the Delphix Session Protocol.
- Repeat the above steps for all the rules you want to add.
Configuring the Delphix Engine
- Connect to your running Delphix instance with a web browser. Use the Public IP address or DNS name noted in the Network Interface Panel. Upon successful connection, the browser will automatically redirect to the Delphix Setup Page.
- Refer to the standard product deployment instructions to complete your Delphix deployment.
Congratulations! You have successfully deployed the Delphix Virtualization Engine in Azure.
Use Delphix documentation to learn how to:
- configure your database source
- configure your target environments
· create virtual databases (VDBs)