Creating a Delphix Engine VM
- Download the image from https://download.delphix.com and copy it to your VM directory.
- Start the Hyper-V Manager and specify Name and Location and then select Next.
- Select Generation 1, configure memory and then select Next.
Memory: 64 GB (minimum), 128 GB (recommended)
- Set up Networking by selecting vNIC then select Next.
- Attach the downloaded image as a boot disk. Create a unique boot disk for each image. Note: Boot disks cannot be shared.
- Use an existing virtual hard disk.
- Browse to the location of VM.
- Select the Image.
- Select Finish, the VM will appear in the inventory.
Customize the VM by selecting Settings
- Delphix recommends having the IDE be the first device to boot from (under BIOS setting).
- Adjust the number of CPU (min 8)
- Add a minimum of 3 equal-sized Hard Drives for the database storage. Use VHDX formatted disks. Recommend Fixed Size disk type. Note: Differencing Disk Types are not supported.
- Connect to the console and start the VM.
- Once the installation has completed, power on the Delphix Engine and proceed with the initial system configuration as described in Setting Up Network Access to the Delphix Engine.