Delphix allows you to provision all or a subset of data to a target you choose. Delphix can create a target database for you on your existing systems or in the cloud. While the target database will normally be the same type as the source, it can also be different – for example, Oracle to SQLServer. This power and flexibility will provide your development and testing teams with the ability to procure fresh secure data from a source environment and move it to their nonproduction environment any time they need it. Provisioning jobs perform extract and load functions only. Delphix does not transform data as part of this process.
Practical Subset Example
This section provides an example of when you might want to subset data. All the functionality for provisioning is done at the individual table level.
If you want to filter information based on customers, as part of the rule set you can filter as follows:
- Columns — Select a column or columns from a table when you don't want to load data to all the columns in a table.
- Filter — Specify a filter to run on the data before loading it to the target database.
- Join Table — Specify a SQL join condition so you can define primary key/foreign key relationships between tables.
- List — Select a list to use for filtering data in a table.
- Custom SQL — Use SQL statements to filter data for a table.
To change these filters, see Modifying Tables in a Rule Set.